Use Floppy to usb to make USB as floppy
No more floppy disk and floppy drive !!! Simply install floppy to usb
Floppy to USB 720 kb Double density and High Density ( 26 Pin Ziff Type )
Note : These version of floppy drive to usb converters are 1/2 height or also called slim version of floppy disk to usb emulators. These floppy to usb are an alternative for users still working with slim version of floppy drives. These type of floppy drive to usb emulators have twenty six pin Ziff connector which is without power connector, in comparison to the standard 34 pin interface and +5 volts DC supply. The usb as floppy drive emulators extract its power from the 26 pin Ziff cable. There are no display led in front of these floppy to usb converters. The two switches of floppy drive to usb converter play the role of data-in and data-out. This type of floppy disk to usb converter have 1.44 mb internal storage. In this type of floppy disk to usb the data in the root folder of usb disc can only be accessed by this floppy disc to usb converter. These floppy disc to usb do not support Non-Dos platforms. The right switch of the floppy to usb emulator transfers files from root folder of usb flash disk to the storage memory of usb as floppy drive emulator. The left button performs the reverse function of writing back data from equipment to the usb flash inserted in usb port of floppy to usb converter. Fort these type of floppy disk to usb emulators, formatting the usb flash drives using the floppy to usb formatting software is not necessary.
Main features : 720 KB DD / HD 26 Pin Ziff type usb as floppy drive emulator
* Capable of reading and writing in Dos formats FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32
* Can use full capacity of usb flash disc
* Capable of reading and writing directly from usb flash drive
* No need to format usb disc using floppy drive to usb software
* Can be configured to read and write in Double Density and High Density formats.
Use the usb as Floppy to Read data to and from machine
1) Transfer the data which is required in machine to operate to the root folder of usb flash disk.
2) Once the copying of the required data from computer to the root folder of usb disc is done, plugin the usb disk in the usb interface port of floppy drive to usb emulator. As the usb disc is inserted in the usb port of floppy to usb converter, the red led in front will lit on. This implies the acceptance of usb disc by the floppy drive emulator. This led will remain on for 20 to 25 seconds till the the 1st part of 720 kb files ( which are sorted in alphabetical order ) in the root folder of usb flash disk are being copied in the internal storage of floppy disk to usb converter.
3) As the led light goes off, the system is ready to give access to the data. Start accessing the data as you did in the case of old FDD. The green led in the front of the floppy drive to usb converter will glow while accessing the data.
4) If the data in the root of usb disk is more than 720 kb, and we are done with the first portion , press the right (IN) switch again, and the second portion of data will start moving in internal memory of floppy to usb converter to be accessed.
Use the usb as Floppy to write data to and from machine
1) Plug in the usb flash drive in the port of usb as floppy drive emulator. The front led will start to glow. After 20 to 25 sec the light will automatically go off.
2) As the light of led of floppy to usb converter goes off, press the out button (left).
3) Sart transferring the data file from the machine, just like you were writing on the floppy disk. As you start transferring the files the led light on the floppy drive to usb will again glow. Wait for 3 sec after the light goes off. By now we have transferred the data from the machine to the internal memory of floppy to usb converter.
4) As the process of data transfer is complete, just press the out button (Left) again. Pressing the left switch will start transfer of data files from the internal memory of floppy drive to usb to the root directory of the usb flash disk. Files with duplicate names will be overwritten.
Specifications of Floppy Drive to USB
Successful alternative for 720 KB DD with Dos support
USB as floppyInterface Options - 26 pin Ziff type
Physical size of floppy to usb - Slim , Half Height , Laptop type