Make USB as Floppy by using Floppy to USB
No more floppy disk and floppy drive !!! Simply install floppy to usb
Manual - Floppy to USB Universal emulator 1.2MB ( 34 Pin Interface )
Note : Before we start using the floppy to usb emulator , few noticeable things should be kept in mind. The front of the floppy disk to usb converter has two switches. These switches act differently in two scenarios ( one scenario is that when USB drive in inserted in the usb port of floppy disk to usb and the other is without inserting ). When the usb flash is not being used in usb as floppy drive emulator the switches are used to choose the folders present in USB disk. By pressing the left button of floppy drive to usb the counter will advance by 10 ( that is 10 , 20 , 30... ), and by pressing the right button of floppy disk drive to usb the counter will advance by 1's ( that is 1 ,2 ,3... ). So if user wants to select folder 26 to perform action, user will have to press left button two times and right switch 6 times. Once the flash disk is plugged in the floppy disc to usb conversion unit, the functions of the two button change. Now the keys will perform as Data-out and Data-in. Pressing the right switch on the floppy to usb converter will replicate the data in the selected folder from flash drive into the memory of floppy disk to usb converter. As we press the right button of usb as floppy drive emulator, the 8-Segment displays D0 ( signaling that the data from folder starting with name 025 in usb drive is being copied in the 2 mb internal memory of floppy drive to usb emulator). User can also name the block / folder with anything starting with 025*******, where `*’ is any other digit or alphabet.
Main features of this universal type of 1.2 mb usb as floppy drive emulator
* Inbuilt 2 MB memory floppy disk drive to usb converter makes it quicker to access data
* There is no need to format the usb drive using floppy disk to usb formatting software
* Full capacity of usb pen drive can be consumed.
* This version of floppy to usb is capable of read/write operation from usb flash drive directly
* Can read dos formats FAT-12 and above
Using the usb as Floppy emulator to input data in the machine
1) Transfer or copy data or the files required to be transported on floppy to usb from source computer to the root folder (root folder of usb pen drive is equated with 00 on 8-segment display of floppy disk to usb ) or else in the selected partition of USB disk.
2) Once you have the selected files ready on the usb disk, select the 00 on the floppy drive to usb or the folder as required by pressing the buttons.
3) Once the required block is selected, insert the USB disk in the floppy to usb conversion unit. Unlike the 1.44GU/720 GU version, you will have to press the right button to move the files / data of the selected folder in the internal memory of usb as floppy drive emulator.
4) Just like in 1.44GU and 720 KB GU version if you want to input the rest of data in the selected folder of usb flash, you will have to press the right button of floppy drive to usb once again. The display of 8-segment of usb as floppy will change to D0 again for a moment ( this shows that the next part of remaining files or data is being transferred in the floppy disc to usb emulator storage memory ). To access the data, wait till the D0 goes and the display changes to digits.
How to use the usb as Floppy drive emulator to copy data from machine to usb flash
1) On the floppy drive to usb choose the 8segment as `00’ or the folder user wants to write into the usb disc drive. Plug the flash disk in the usb as floppy drive emulator, after inserting pause till the 8segment turn back to numbers, press the OUT button ( the left one switch ). As user presses the left button of floppy disc to usb, the 8-segment starts displaying d1. Wait until the display of floppy drive to usb returns back to digits.
2) Now user can do the required operation on data accessing from the equipment, as per the old process in the case of FDD. Copy the required files from equipment to the FDD, the light in front of usb as floppy emulator will be green, indicating that the data is being copied and floppy drive to usb is busy.
3) As the green indicator of the floppy disc to usb turns off, press the Out (left button) again. The 8-segment display of usb as floppy shows D2 (reflecting the data of internal memory of floppy drive to usb being transferred in the selected block of USB disk)
No customization , upgradation of software , changes in circuits needed at user or machine end!
Specifications of Floppy Drive to USB
Successful alternative for 1.2MB
USB as floppy Interface Options - 34 Pin
Physical Dimensions of floppy to usb - Standard 3.5"